Singing Hatsune Miku Nyancatkai: Making a Book Cover for Wattpad! ( With Pictures ! )

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Making a Book Cover for Wattpad! ( With Pictures ! )

Hey guys!

Today,I'll be showing you how I make book covers at wattpad!

I'm not a pro at editing,but I love to edit.Now I'll teach you how I make covers,if you're interested,please read on!

we will be using :


  • Photoshop CS6


Any Photoshop version is fine,I think. We won't be really using any filters,but it's your choice if you want to make your photo a bit attractive.

Today,I'll be making the book cover for my Oneshot story,Envy and Lust.


1. Choose a photo for your book.
The photo needs to be related to the story,it can be the characters,or an object that made the two close.Depends on your genre.

Once you put in on photoshop,I recommend the size 256x400 since it's the original size of wattpad cover books.And once it's on that size,there won't be any part missing.

So my story is about a mash up of Duke Venomania and Tailor Shop at Enbizaka,well.I really can't find any photos.If you can't find the EXACT photo your looking for,just use something that's close to it.Don't put too much pressure for your self.

and remember : Don't claim the photo as yours.Give credit to who really drew it.

Here's my photo :
Click to Enlarge


Isn't really duke venomania and the tailor,but hey! It's close enough since it's my characters for the story,Gakupo and Luka.

2.Edit it by the way you like.

This is depending on the genre,on what's going on in the story.Since mine's about something about murder,lol what,Maybe I'll put on some blood.Blood works great on gore/horror stories too.
click to enlarge


Lol,I found a blood heart and I thought it'd be great.

And here's another thing : Once it's color isn't that realistic,make it realistic!
Like that heart,it isn't really blood red,let's make it blood red!

Click to enlarge

And of course,change the opacity.You don't want the blood to be seen all by itself!

And now,play with the effects.But I recommend you to do this to the main photo :

Click to Enlarge


Now,go on! Play with the effects.





Done? Me too!

Mine looks horrible....T^T Oh well,I guess yours looks great!

3.Put the title!
There are many ways to put the title,but I'll do one way.You may or may not copy mine.

You can just put the title! And put fonts that are easy to read! 


DO Put fonts that are clear and easy to read.
DON'T put fonts that are waaay to cursive,You can use cursive,but make sure it's easy to read!

isn't that great but meh


4.Put your username!
Of course you need to do this part! It shows who wrote the story.

It's your choice where and how to put it,and also if you'll include your real name.Your.Choice/


and if you're asking,why the hell is that wattpad thingy doing there,well,I wanted to add it.It's optional for you,but I want it :3

Maybe I'll post a tutorial someday how to do that if you want.It's pretty easy in my opinion!

anyway! See my username,right? Nyancatkai.Yep.You may add it anywhere you wish,and any way you want.Your choice.Just make it look kinda neat C:

( 5. ) Add a quote?

This part is TOTALLY optional! You may add a quote or not,your choice. :)

Your quote needs to be related to the story.Like mine,I'll make the quote a yandere quote.Since Luka's yandere here.

Adding the quote by how it is is your choice.Just like adding your username,as long as it's how you want it.Go ahead!



I'll be over here watching you...I'll be here forever...so don't think that you're alone,DARLING.

Well! That ends here! I bet you have a great result by now :D




 Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment